Article Submission Guidelines
We are looking for interesting and informative articles for our readers to enjoy and
learn from covering topics related to the technical aspects of nature photography
(including how to use photo editing software or equipment), product reviews, species
profiles, or even something humorous pertaining to your experiences in the
As with any publication be mindful that not all submissions will get published. However,
we encourage you to get that pencil and paper ready and put on your thinking cap! Below
are the basic guidelines to follow when submitting articles and images for review and
Articles should ONLY be in either Microsoft Word, Rich Text Format or Plain Text.
(Please do not submit articles in HTML format as we have standard templates we use
for article insertion)
- Articles should be submitted at least 30 days in advance of possible publication dates
(normally the first of the preceding month)
- Length should not exceed 1500 words (give or take a few - some exceptions can be made
depending on the article content) and should be no less than 500 words. If your submission
is over 1500 words, you may want to consider dividing it into parts - e.g., Part One, Part Two, etc.
(keeping in mind that the follow up articles need to be completed for the next issue deadlines)
- Accompanying images should be 72 DPI and no larger than 500 pixels on the longest side (this allows
us room to resize and add Drop Shadow, etc.). Should we need additional images we will
request them from you.
- The number of images should be limited to 4-5 to allow us a few choices for
placement in the article and a thumbnail for the main Article Page.
- Articles must pertain to some aspect of nature photography, but can include
content discussing man as it relates to nature, habitat or environment.
- Include a short, 2-3 sentence, "bio" about yourself and your nature photography.
Once you have the article completed, along with the images you wish to be included, please
send them as email attachments to the Editor
for review. HAPPY WRITING!!
Editor's Comment: We encourage you to submit your
articles for review. Please email the Editor
if you have any questions or need clarification of the Submission Guidelines.